Monday, December 12, 2011

12/10/11

The first annual 'Gorilla Games' at Crossfit Amped in Bellevue, Washington. We were on a 4 person team, 2 women and 2 men. We had some last minute roster changes. We originally were going to have more competitive athletes on the team, but due to some injuries and schedule conflicts we had to change the team up. It was a a lot of fun and I had a great time!

WOD 1 - 0830

In pairs (1 male, 1 female)

Team 1: Dead-lift 6,000 lbs, 3 reps each partner at a time. I chose 275 lb, partner had 125 lb. We each did 5 triples for a total of 6k lbs.

Team 2: 100 Box Jumps (24"/20")

Both Teams, 1st pair, then 2nd pair starts once first team finishes, time for the workout is when the last athlete comes through the finish line: 400m keg carry (65#/45#) with obstacles (3 4ish foot walls on the course).

11/12 place. Our women struggled a bit with the kegs. We had never done these before. We went hard though. Interesting event. The dead-lifts were really easy. I barely broke a sweat during this event.

WOD 2 - 1030

In pairs of 2:

Team 1: 150 Wall Balls - While one partner is doing wall-balls, the other is in handstand against a wall.

Team 2: 150 HR Push-ups - While one partner is doing push-ups, the other partner is holding dumb-bells locked out overhead (40#/30#)

I was on the team doing wall-balls. The HR push-ups went faster. My judge was super strict on the wall balls. The 10 foot mark was actually a free standing beam running across pull-up bars. In order for a legitimate rep the ball had to hit the middle or top of the beam, not the bottom. A lot of other teams were hitting the bottom and getting counted reps. My judge literally discounted 20-25 of my reps. Considering this, we still got second place in the event. By 2 damn seconds! If we had a different (normal?) judge we would have gotten 1st for sure. I was happy with my effort. I got 50 wall balls right out of the gate. I did the majority of the wall balls and my partner did a lot of hand stands. Overall an awesome effort. My last set of 25 was brutal, by far the hardest I've ever gone on wall-balls. I was literally jumping to get the ball to the mark. Awesome effort by all my team mates. This is what it is all about!

2/12 place.

WOD 3 - 1130

On a 'Fight Gone Bad' clock:

Toes-to-bar
KB Swings (53#/35#)
Thrusters (75#/55#)
Burpees (jump on plate)

-Each team member was on a station, we rotated each minute. Total reps completed by each team member combined is the score. We did alright on this workout. One of our team mates hurt her hand on literally the first burpee and this suffered her score a bit. I'm glad she dug deep and kept going hard though. This was a tough workout, I really liked it.

8/12 place.

With a 11th place, 2nd place, and 8th place, we ended up getting 8th overall. I was really happy with our effort. Fun day. I'd like to do one more individual competition before the 'Open' starts in February.


No comments:

Post a Comment