Tuesday, December 6, 2011

12/6/11

AM Workout (0730)

This morning was short and heavy, but a great workout. I was going to do some more metcon after what I did today, but my body felt destroyed after the strength workout I did. It looked like this:

Thruster - Heavy Singles - 176, 196, 216, 229 (14 lb PR)

Rest 5 minutes then...

EMOM for 12 minutes:
3 x 176# Thruster
6 x 70# KB Swing

I had to stop at 8 minutes, resumed at 9. So i ended up getting 33/36 of the thrusters. This was the hardest workout I've done in a while, it was taxing as hell. I want to be able to do this straight through for 12 minutes in the future.

Rest 5 minutes...

Tabata Hollow Rocks - I forgot my score, but I went hard on these.

PM Workout (1700)

The thrusters this morning were rough. But once I got in the gym and got warmed up I felt surprisingly awesome. This afternoon I hit a heavy metcon. I went really hard, great day. It looked like this:

AMRAP 6 Minutes:

5 x 185# Power Clean
12 x Box Jumps 24"

Rest 2 minutes...

AMRAP 6 minutes:

5 x 185# Front Squat
9 x HR Push-ups

Rest 2 minutes...

5 x 135# Shoulder-to-Overhead (push-jerked every rep)
12 x Sit-ups

Score for total load moved. 7 rounds, 5 rounds, 8 rounds = ~16,000#. The front squats were no fun. I felt really strong on both the power cleans and the overhead though. Overall a solid day.

No comments:

Post a Comment