Saturday, February 9, 2013

2/9/13

Today was an interesting session. I've had in the back in my mind for a while of attempting to do this. I finally found someone crazy enough to do it with me. We hit the entire 2011 Open in one session. It was a great experience. I've never 'tanked' this hard, but I've also never done this much volume without rest/food in between workouts. My threshold for work just went off during the fourth workout and steadily decreased during the 5th and 6th workout. 


AMRAP 10:
30 Double-unders
15 Power snatches (75#)
-7 rounds + 22 DU (PR) - This felt good, I missed a stupid amount of DU's, mostly on the first few sets just out of pure excitement. Happy to PR, lungs felt great. 

Rest 15 minutes then... 

AMRAP 15:
155 pound Deadlift, 9 reps
12 Push-ups
15 Box jumps, 24" box (Games standard) 
-12 Rounds + 9 DLs (PR tie) - This felt really good. Lungs weren't taxed, but my push-ups were slowing down towards the end. Had to go 6/3/3 for quite a few sets. Happy that I felt so solid on this. 

Rest 15 minutes then... 

AMRAP 5:
165 pound Squat clean
165 pound Jerk
-27 Rounds (PR). I was really gunning for 30, but after the first two WODs that just wasn't going to happen. 165# felt significatly heavier than I thought it would. 

Rest 15 minutes then... 

AMRAP 10:
60 Bar-facing burpees
120 pound Overhead squat, 30 reps
10 Muscle-ups
-5 Muscle-ups. This is where shit went south. My PR on this WOD is 1 round + 19 burpees. Obviously I was no where near this. The burpees took a long time and I had to break up the overhead squats a TON. Usually this would be 3 sets of 10 with 5-10 seconds of rest. I was doing all kinds of small sets of 3-5 towards the end. I got the rings with a minute left and banged out 5 MU's, all as singles. Body was shot. 

Rest 15 minutes then... 

AMRAP 20:
145 pound Power clean, 5 reps
10 Toes to bar
15 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
-9 Rounds + 5 T2B. This was an unique experience. This workout was actually my best workout from the 2011 Open, my PR on this WOD is 12 rounds + 6 T2B. 3 rounds shy of my PR is a significant disparity. I had to break up the wall-balls and power cleans a lot. Doing this WOD fresh I got all the wall-balls and power cleans unbroken. This is where I really had to buckle down mentally and just find out how far I could go and how bad I could make it hurt. I knew I wasn't going to PR, this was just purely for mental training. Great stuff. 

AMRAP 7...
100 pound Thruster, 3 reps
3 Chest to bar Pull-ups
100 pound Thruster, 6 reps
6 Chest to bar Pull-ups
100 pound Thruster, 9 reps
9 Chest to bar Pull-ups
100 pound Thruster, 12 reps
12 Chest to bar Pull-ups
100 pound Thruster, 15 reps
15 Chest to bar Pull-ups
100 pound Thruster, 18 reps
18 Chest to bar Pull-ups
100 pound Thruster, 21 reps
21 Chest to bar Pull-ups...
-10 Thrusters into the round of 15. (70 reps) - I scored worse on this than I when I did this workout fresh in 2011. My PR on this workout is 115 reps from last year's Open. 100# felt like 135# and the C2B pull-ups murdered me. My grip was completely shot. This entire workout was a losing battle. My body was completely fried. It was a unique experience to try to push it when there was just zero gas in the tank. Overall an extremely interesting day. The last two workouts reminded me of how crossfit workouts felt to my body about 3 years ago; they just shocked my body and I would just go into defensive/panic mode and try to merely finish a workout. It was cool to go there and just see how my body handled it. Maybe I will try the 2012 Open soon. I'm interested to see how my body feels tomorrow morning. Excited to rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment