Sunday, March 10, 2013

3/10/13

Days like to today remind me why I love Crossfit so much. I love improving myself. I love giving absolute and focused effort to improve myself. I created a game-plan, stuck to it and crushed my prior time. Sitting with 173 reps feels a lot better than 159.

On Wednesday I did the workout about 10 minutes after it was announced. I didn't talk to anyone or create any strategy. I just wanted to see how it felt. I sprinted out of the gate and died on the set of 135#. Today I paced everything and put out a consistent performance. I did 6 reps in the last 30 seconds, there was more there! Watching the video I have of this, I think I could realistically get 190 reps. I should have gone faster between my singles at 165#. If I would have started going harder with about 2 minutes left a score of 180-190 would have been realistic.

I'm happy with my performance. I was excited to step up and execute my plan and improve myself. On to next week...

I LOVE THIS SPORT.

(AM Workout - 1045) 
-13.1 - 173 reps.

(PM Workout - 2100) 
-About 4 miles of running, just under 30 minutes. There was a bunch of ice around Chicago this evening, slowed me down a bit. If I didn't have military training coming up this summer I would not be out here running. It was a nice run overall though, distance running is great.

Meal 1 - Protein Shake, 1 Banana, 10 Almonds, 10 Cashews

Meal 2 (PWO) - Protein Shake, 16 oz Coconut Water

Meal 3 (Cheat Meal) - 3 Eggs, a ton of bacon/sausage/potatoes/cheese in a huge skillet, 2 Pancakes, Maple Syrup, Butter

Meal 4 - 6 oz Chicken, 2 Slices Bacon, 2 1/2 Cups Veggies, 3/4 Cup Brown Rice, 1 Peach

Meal 5 (PWO) - Protein Shake, 1/2 Cup White Grape Juice, 1 Cup Pomegranate Seeds

Meal 6 - 7.5 oz Chicken, 15 Almonds, 15 Cashews

Snack - 20 Cashews
....

Random thoughts on the Open:



 There is this big uproar about people doing Open workouts multiple times and that at the Regionals/Games you won’t have that opportunity.  If HQ wanted the Open workouts to be done once they would give a 24-hour submission window; they don’t do that. It is in almost everyone’s interest to do these workouts multiple times. The Open and Regionals are two different games with separate rules and goals. With the heightened level of competition each year and the implementation of tiebreakers within Open workouts, it is worth doing each Open workout twice regardless of who you are. The field of athletes is getting to a level that almost no one is a “shoe-in” for Regionals. Just using an Open workout as another training workout is a dose of overconfidence in most situations. The game is changing; people from all walks of life and athletic backgrounds are becoming involved in this sport. To assert you are going to make it just because you have in the past or because ‘you’re just that great’ doesn’t apply to 99.9 percent of people (including some former Games level athletes). 

No comments:

Post a Comment