Monday, June 9, 2014

6/9/14

So my training partners and I are back on Invictus today. I'm excited for my training partners, they are making solid progress. My hip is pretty much back to normal (zero pain) but I still have hesitancy to go 100%. I gave the front squatting a try today, it felt solid, but by the last set I had some lower back pain, but no hip pain. I ended up having to cut out the snatch for snatch grip push press and cut out the back squats / metcon altogether. I put in some fun heavy stuff that I like instead though. Anyway, it is really frustrating being injured, but I'm working through it. Made a solid session out of the day. Pumped to hit it tomorrow!

A.
Six sets of:
Pause Front Squat @ 24X1 + Front Squat
Rest 2 minutes
Perform a controlled two-second descent, then hold at the bottom for four seconds before quickly driving up to the top, then breathe, brace and perform a front squat with no tempo restrictions. Build over the course of the six sets to your heaviest set possible within the tempo guidelines.

-185#, 225#, 245#, 265#, 275#, 285#. Weights felt really light/easy, back started blowing up on the last
two sets though.

B.
Every 90 seconds for 12 minutes (8 sets)
Snatch Grip Push-Press x 2 (195#)

-These felt really good, building strength in here and in the lockout.

C.
For time:
10,9,8...1
DB Bench Press (2 x 80#)
Strict Weighted Pull-up (35#)

-Didn't actually get the time, but went hard. Took adequate rest to get each set of pressing unbroken. Had to break up most of the sets of pull-ups. Heavier than last week, felt really solid.

D.
3 Sets:
1500m Row
Rest 5 minutes

-5:31, 5:40, 5:50. Felt gassed after above work... tough.


No comments:

Post a Comment