Saturday, June 7, 2014

6/7/14

Today was a REALLY fun / tough morning... Extremely mentally tough. I was a little tired when I got up this morning, but it was probably mostly mental given that I knew the mile repeats were coming... Once I got warm and started moving I felt amazing.

A.
Not for time, conga line style with 2 training partners:

Up and down the ladder:
1,2,3...8
Strict Stationary Dips
Strict Pull-ups

-Great pump, all sets unbroken, felt really strong.

B.
Bench Press - 5 sets of 10 @ 60% (155#), 6th set - max reps with sling shot

-Solid work.
-14 reps

C.
3 Sets, each for time:
1 Mile Run
10 Hang Power Clean (135#)
15 Burpee Box Jump Overs (24")
Rest 6:00

-8:20, 8:45, didn't get the last time, clock got jacked. Felt solid on everything. Running in the sun with my shirt off was really fun, it feels so great. Wish I got to do that year round! Doesn't happen enough in Chicago. It is rarely (maybe a few times a year?) that I don't want to finish a workout. I straight up didn't want to do the last interval, that shit hurt. Really great day... excited to rest the remainder of the day / tomorrow and enjoy this relaxing weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment