Monday, June 2, 2014

6/2/14

Felt great today. Had to strongly modify the workout, but I'm mentally okay with that. I had to cut out anything that would agitate my hip/back. Will be doing this for the immediate future until I'm healed up. Still had an amazing workout, wish I could snatch and squat though!

AM Workout (0500) 

A. 

Bench Press – 70% (175#) x 3 reps, 80% (205#) x 3 reps, 90% (225#) x Max Reps, 90% (225#) x Max Reps w/ SS

-3 reps 
-5 reps (with slingshot) 

B. 
Snatch Grip Push-Press - 2,2,2,2,2 - all sets at 205#. Haven't done these in a long time. These were supposed to be full snatches, but can't do that, so modified. 

C. 
For time: 
10,9,8...1 
DB Bench Press (2 x 70#) 
Strict Weighted Pull-up (25#) 

-Didn't actually get the time, but went hard. Took adequate rest to get each set of pressing unbroken. Had to break up most of the sets of pull-ups. Solid work though. 

D.
4 Rounds, with 75# fat bar: 
7 Skull Crusher 
7 Close Grip Bench Press
7 Curls 
Rest :60 

-Complete, huge pump!

PM Workout (1700) 

Had a solid PM session, felt great. Got in a main site workout for fun. School is out for summer and I'm just clerking at a firm in town, working 0830-0430 isn't so bad. The large amount of stress I'm used to is gone, so I'll be putting in some more volume this summer before I peace out to Europe.

7 RFT:
250m Row
20 GHD Sit-ups

-16:10. Had a big transition up and down some stairs, definitely lost some time on that transition, but overall got a really solid workout out of this. Pumped to train tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment