Wednesday, June 11, 2014

6/11/14


I got a really good workout out of today's session. It was really fun, I was bummed out that I had to modify, but like I said, still got an awesome effort out of the workout. This whole not squatting thing made wall-ball feels like complete shit, but on the upside I didn't have any pain from the reps. Excited to rest up and go HAM on Friday/Saturday.

A.
Every minute, on the minute, for 15 minutes:
High Hang Power Clean + Power Clean @ 65-80% (205# - 260#) of 1-RM Clean

-Three minutes @ 205#
-Three minutes @ 225#
-Three minutes @ 235#
-Three minutes @ 245#
-Three minutes @ 255#

-Hit a single power clean at 275# afterward, went up easy. Then went for 295# and barely missed it... PR is 285#. I was feeling good, just wasn't there today.

B.
Worked on hip mobility / hip circle slingshot exercises while my training partners back squatted.

C.
Complete as many rounds as possible in 6 minutes:
10 Burpee Box Jump-Overs (24″/20″)
15 KBS (53#)
20 Pull-Ups
25 Wall Ball Shots (30/20 lbs)
30 Double-Unders
Rest 4 minutes, and then repeat.
Note rounds and reps for both sets separately.

-1 round + 1 Pull-up
-1 round + 6 KBS
-Fun little workout, everything unbroken except the sets of wall-balls. Damn that 30# ball!

D.
Three sets of:
Weighted GHD Hip Extension x 10 reps
Rest 30 seconds
Reverse Hypers (50#) x 10 Reps
Rest 30 seconds

-Reverse hypers felt amazing on my back/hip... will be doing more of these in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment