Friday, June 20, 2014

6/20/14

Had a great training session this morning. I felt really strong overhead. Also have a lot of positive stuff going on in my life outside the gym, generally just feeling great. Pumped to go on vacation this week, going to get some work in, but I'm not going to stress about it if I don't fit everything in while I'm traveling. Anyway, today was super solid and fun.

A.
EMOM - Snatch Grip Push-Press

-5 Minutes - 2 reps @ 205#
-5 Minutes - 1 rep @ 231#

-This was really solid, felt really strong in here. Fun training.

B.
Every two minutes, for 12 minutes (6 sets):
Power Clean + Hang Power Clean + Jerk
Build to today’s heaviest set.

-2 minutes @ 205#
-2 minutes @ 225#
-1 minute @ 245#
-1 minute @ 255#

-Felt really good on this movement as well. Really fun stuff, exciting to do more heavy jerks in the future / PR my CJ. This is by far the best my jerk has felt since my hand injury. It was feeling like shit ever since I took that time off, felt great today though.

C.
Four sets of:
Bulgarian Split Squat x 8 reps each leg (2 x 80# DB)
Rest 90 seconds
Seated DB Strict Press x 8 reps (2 x 55# DB)
Rest 90 seconds

-Complete. Zero pain on the split squats, was really happy to push it here. Fun stuff.

D.
For quality:
1,2,3...7...3,2,1
Strict Chest-to-Bar Pull-ups
-Do 7 push-ups after each set of pull-ups

-Didn't time this, just went through it with adequate rest to get most of the pull-ups unbroken, went 4/3 and 3/3 for the set of 7 and second set of 6 on the strict C2B. Strict C2B pull-ups are no joke, would like to be able to bang out 20 unbroken this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment