Wednesday, June 18, 2014

6/18/14


Today was a rough session. I was really tired when I got up in the morning, I felt okay on the cleans and metcon, the metcon was just extremely brutal. It is starting to get very hot and humid and I definitely felt that today. I forgot how it feels, at least it is better than negative temperatures! Definitely looking forward to sleeping in and resting tomorrow.

A.
Every 90 seconds, for 15 minutes (10 sets):
High Hang Power Clean + Power Clean + Power Clean
Build over the course of the ten sets.

-3 sets @ 205#
-2 sets @ 220#
-2 sets @ 242#
-2 sets @ 253#
-1 set @ 265# (failed the high high and second power clean, so only 1 legit rep in there haha)

B.
3 Sets:
20 Sling Shot Air Squats
15 Reverse Hypers (50#)
Rest as needed between sets

-Complete. This was supposed to be some very heavy back squatting... obviously had to cut it back a lot. Had zero pain in here, felt really good on my back/hip.

C.
EMOM 12 Minutes:
3 Speed Deadlifts (135#)

-Complete. These were supposed to be at 65%... which would have been 315# (max is 490#), but I cut it down to 135# just to get the movement in. I had zero pain which is good, felt totally normal. Glad I could at least move through this without discomfort, will be back soon!

D.
Four sets for times of:
10 Clean and Jerks (135/95 lbs)
20 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups
30 Russian Kettlebell Swings (32/24 kg)
40 Double-Unders
Rest 4 minutes

-3:20, 3:50, 4:50, 5:10
-Holy shit this was horrible. Had to break up those C2B Pull-ups a lot... definitely had to do some singles on the last two sets. Everything else was at a solid consistent pace. In retrospect I felt pretty fit on this, big effort, fun workout. Excited to rest and hit it on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment