Friday, December 11, 2015

12/11/15

Despite being sick, today was a pretty decent training session. Just getting over this sickness and when I got to the gym and started warming up I didn't feel great. I was really tired/coughing not feeling like working out ... but once I got rolling I felt solid on the lifting ... but on the conditioning piece I felt a little flat, especially on the heavy cleans. Overall was a good time in the gym though ... was 5# away from my PR power snatch, which was really surprising given all the weight I've cut / modifications I've had to do because of injury. Anyway, today looked like this:

A.
For time:
48-30-18
Airdyne Cals
Push-ups

-8:20 ... good little warm-up.

B.
Take 15 minutes to build to a heavy 1 Rep Power Snatch

-Singles: 205#, 215#, 220#, 225#, 230# ... felt good here, was really surprised.

C.
Every Minute on the Minute for 5 Minutes:
5 Unbroken Touch and Go Power Snatches (165#)

-This was brutal ... much harder than I thought it was going to be.

D.
AMRAP 20:
1,1,2,2,3,3 ...
Power Clean (205#)
Muscle-ups

-Round of 9 + 4 PC ... this was a brutal conditioning workout to come back to ... didn't feel great, but tried to push it as much as I could.

E.
4 Sets of:
Anchored Sit-ups with barbell overhead (at a bench press station) x 10 reps

-45#, 75#, 95#, 95# ... have probably done these once or twice in my life, just threw them in at the end to switch it up, always a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment