Friday, January 1, 2016

1/1/16

Today was a real shit workout ... between my QL, my near-constant golfer's elbow in both arms, and my newly acquired tricep injury on my right side I just feel completely useless in the gym. I am very likely over trained and just doing too much volume lately ... need to tone it down a lot, especially given that I'm taking the year off from the Open. Couldn't push the lifting at all today due to tricep pain ever since last week when I hit that 2012 regional workout with 30 hang cleans at 225#. This really pissed me off and I'm really frusturated with my inability to train how I want to. The other stuff I did today went fine... but still bummed about my injuries.

A.
3 Sets:
Strict HSPU x Max Unbroken Reps
Rest 2 Minutes

-7,6,5 ... this went horribly ... felt very heavy and weak. Haven't done these at all since I went on vacation. Rough.

B.
15 Minute to build to a heavy single of 3-Pos Clean + Jerk

-185#, 205#, 225#, 235#, 245# ... called it at 245# ... tricep was in a lot of pain on the jerks and the rack position on clean. This really pissed me off.

C.
EMOM 20:
Odd: 20 Cal Row
Even: 10 DB Shoulder-to-Overhead (2 x 50# DB)

-Complete .. this was challenging toward the end, it was good training.

D.
3 Sets:
20 DB Skull Crushers (2 x 25# DB)
10 DB Curls (2 x 35# DB)
Rest as needed

-Complete ... solid pump.

E.
3 Sets:
12 Tate Press (2 x 20# DB)
10 Hammer Curls (2 x 30# DB)

-Complete ... fun way to end the session.

No comments:

Post a Comment