Tuesday, January 19, 2016

1/19/16

Today was a decent day of training ... weights felt a little heavy and the conditioning piece was really brutal. I liked the invictus workout so much on last Friday that I gave the competition blog a look over this week and decided to get after it. Some of the workouts are kind of boring because I've done them for 2 years in a row ... this would be my third year following the blog ... so some of those workouts I'm just tired of. But today looked legit. Anyway, I just have to be cognizant of not doing too much volume... but for today I felt decent enough and tried to push myself as hard as I could.

A.
3 Sets, not for time:
Tempo Muscle-ups x 6 unbroken reps (pause in receiving position for 1 second, pause for 2 seconds at top of dip)
Double-unders x 50
L-Sit x :20
One-Arm Overhead Squat (30# DB) x 10 reps (5 right, 5 left)

-Complete ... just went through this casually, good warm-up.

B.
On a 27:00 Clock:

Every 2 minutes for 6 minutes (3 sets) of:
Muscle Snatch x 2 reps

Every 3 minutes for 15 minutes (5 sets) of:
3-Position Snatch (high, mid thigh, low) @ 75%-85% (185-210#)

Ever 2 minutes for 6 minutes (3 sets) of:
Snatch Pull x 2 reps @ 100% (250#)

-Muscle Snatch = 135#, 155#, 175#
-3-Pos = 185#, 185#, 190#, 195#, 200# ... these felt good, went full squat snatch, had to be fast on these, was really fun training.
-Pulls = 250# felt VERY heavy ... but at the end of almost 30 minutes of snatching I guess that should feel heavy.

C.
2 Sets:
40 Wall-ball (30#)
30 Burpees-over-the-bar
20 Overhead Squats (135#)
10 Muscle-ups
Rest 5:00

-8:45
-9:59

-This was brutal ... even the first set was a kick in the balls. During the first set I convinced myself I was going to skip the second set. Had to lay around and collect myself during the 5 minutes of rest. Came back from the pain and decided to get the second set over with. Doing this alone and in the afternoon was not ideal ... took a lot of mental toughness to actually dig deep and do this. Great training overall, hope my body can recover properly.

Meals for the Day: 

0900 - Protein Shake, Fish Oil, 1 Cup Kefir, 2 Cups Black Coffee 

1100 - Italian Sausage, Spaghetti Squash, Onion, Mushrooms, 2 Servings Baby Food, Fish Oil

1345 (pre-workout) - 1 Serving Baby Food, 1 Scoop Pre-workout

1600 (post-workout) - Whey Protein, 1 Lara Bar, Small Piece of Cake, 16 oz Kale Juice

1830 - Chicken and Pork Enchiladas

No comments:

Post a Comment