Friday, January 15, 2016

1/15/16

Currently down in Florida for a wedding ... dropped into a local gym and worked out with a friend down here and my girlfriend. We put something together on the spot and got a really good workout out of it. I wanted to get some heavier jerks in before the conditioning. The conditioning was the Crossfit Invictus Masters programming that my friend is following... and I have to say it thoroughly kicked my ass. This was the hardest workout I've done in a while and it really challenged me... it is great programming. I miss going that hard everyday... Not recording what I'm eating while on vacation... eating lots of weird stuff ... Anyway, had a great time and got a great workout in.

A.
On a 20:00 clock:

Every 2 minutes for 10 minutes (5 sets) of:
Split Jerk x 2 reps @ 75% (231#)

straight into...

Every 2 minutes for 10 minutes (5 sets) of:
Split Jerk x 1 rep @ 75% +

-Doubles were easy, no misses
-Singles: 242#, 253#, 264#, 275#, 286# ... was using kilo plates ... wanted to go a little heavier, kilo plates messed me up a bit, but it was good to get these in.

Rest 15 minutes then...

On a Running Clock:

B.
3 Rounds for time:
10 Hang Snatch (135#)
20 TTB

at 10:00:

C.
3 Rounds for time:
10 Dead-lifts (225#)
15 HSPU
20 Box Jump Overs (24")

at 20:00:

D.
AMRAP 4 Minutes:
4 Overhead Squats (155#)
10 Pull-ups

Rest 2 minutes then...

E.
4 Rounds for time:
250m Row
20 Wall-balls (20#)

-6:20 ... tough metcon, can't remember the last time I had to go to singles on toes-to-bar... but there were some singles here.
-2 Rounds + 8 HSPU ... got time capped here... hspus went to shit after the first round. This was tough... but overall a good conditioning piece.
-3 Rounds ... brutal.
-9:12 ... this was horrible, I was getting fairly light headed on this, heat and humidity was really catching up with me. Great way to finish out the workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment