Tuesday, May 10, 2016

5/10/16

AM Workout (0600) 

This morning was a good session. Very low volume this week, this was a good de-load session to just move around a little bit in the gym.

A.
Death by Strict Pull-ups w/ 20# Vest

-Round of 8 + 6 reps ... got further than I thought I would. Haven't done this in a while. 

B.
Incline DB Press
4 Sets of 10, building

-45#, 65#, 75#, 85# (fail - only got 85#s for 6 reps) 

C.
AMRAP 12: 
DB Push-Jerk (2 x 50/35#) x 5 reps
Box Jumps, step-down (30/24”) x 7 reps

-12 Rounds ... kept a consistent pace at about 85% effort ... everything felt good here. 

PM Workout (1500) 

Every 2 for 24 minutes (12 sets) of:
200m Run

-This was supposed to be:

12 x 200m Run
Rest 1:30

...but I just used a running clock to get through this workout quicker, so I lost a little bit of rest. It was raining so I didn't bring my phone to record my times, but my fastest slowest were 28/35 ... the last few of these were really rough. The weather totally sucked and it had been raining all day... but I forced myself out there and got the work done. I was also feeling bad about being uselessly hungover yesterday... I still have guilt about binge drinking to this day... I was supposed to do this workout yesterday, but obviously I put it off for a day. All my workouts for the week are written, it is lower volume, so I'll be sure to get them all in despite having to shift a few of them around on the fly. Overall I got a lot of intensity out of this and I'm glad I got it in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment