Friday, February 4, 2011

2/4/2011

I slept almost 10 hours which was great. I was extremely sore, even more so than yesterday, in my chest. I was excited for the workout today, it was a good one. The WOD was 'Severin.'

50 Strict Pull-ups (dead-hang/no kip)
100 Push-ups, release hands from floor at the bottom
Run 5K

My time was 34.10 without a 20lb vest. I got 22 dead-hang pull-ups on the first set. I was pleased with this. I am extremely sore in my arms/chest and if I can get 22 when not recovered I should score 25+ on the PFT when fresh. The push-ups were extremely painful on my chest. My 5k time on this run was not fast (22 minutes). The pull/push takes a lot out of you before the run, plus I'm not recovered and I just felt like crap. My running needs to improve. I'll be running a lot this next week as it's de-load week. My PFT is coming up in 3-4 weeks.After the workout I did a max set of Marine Corps style sit-ups in 2 minutes. I got 135, 35 more than a perfect score.

The workout RxD is with a 20 lb vest. My training partner did it with a 20 lb vest and boots/long pants. His time was 1 minute behind the winner of the Crossfit games last year; this is extremely impressive considering he was in boots.

Overall a great workout. I was planning on working out tomorrow, but because I felt so exhausted today I'm going to take two days off. My diet is going off-line for a week. I'm going out of town and it will be too difficult to account for the macro-nutrient breakdown. Having said this my diet so far has been on key and I've really improved my leanness in the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment