Tuesday, February 8, 2011

2/7/2011

This week is an 'easy' / de-load week. I'm taking things easy and going through the motions while remaining relatively active. The workouts aren't extremely structured and I'm attempting to mentally relax and not let my fitness dictate the entirety of my life for at least this week.

AM - 15 minute tempo run (ran at about 85% of 5k pace). Then 10 sets of 7 dead-hang pull-ups with 60 seconds rest in between each set. Then a 20 minute normal paced run/cool-down.

PM - About 7 hours after the morning run I got into a standard style gym. I initially wanted to do an upper body pushing workout / arm workout. I essentially did, but my chest was still sore from last week and it was too painful to even do light weight with my chest. So the workout I ended up doing looked like this:

5 x 5 Hang Power Clean and Press @ 135
3 x 5 60 lb Dumbbell Seated Press with 10 x 25 lb DB press chaser
3 x 10 OH Dumbbell Extension @ 60 lb
3 x 10 Barbell Curl / Close Grip Bench Press Super-set @ 95 lb
10,8,6,5 - Dumbbell Curls - Last set 60 lb dumbbells
3 x 20 Sit-ups on decline bench w/ 45 lb plate

This workout was a nice change. I attempted to keep the intensity as high as possible despite the fact I was training alone. I never do any of these movements in my regular training aside from the HPC and Press so it was fun to fool around with bodybuilding style arm training. I was definitely sore in my arms the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment