Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/11/12

Great session today. It rocked me. Really getting back into the swing of working hard. I love it more than anything.

7 x 2 Vertical Snatch off High Blocks (at hip) - All sets @ 135, light and fast, really tried to catch every rep completely deep in the hole, this is something  I need to work on. I was planning on going a little heavier, but after yesterday my snatch was not feeling great.

Back Squat - 5 Sets - 2,2,2,1,1 - doubles at 340#, singles at 350# - felt strong

Front Squat - 3 x 5 @ 75% (245#) - Pause for 3 seconds at bottom of 1st and 5th rep - BRUTAL and awesome. I've never done pausing squats before, this was legit.

Rest 15 minutes then...

10 Rounds:

90 seconds work / 90 seconds rest:
10 KB Swings (53#)
10 Burpees
-Max Reps Wall-balls

-scored 150 wall balls total. This was a rough metcon. My lungs are not where they were about 4 or 5 months ago. I'm stronger than ever, which is awesome, but I don't like losing ever. And I've been getting schooled on metcons lately (including today). I loved losing; as weird as that sounds, because it really makes me get after training with an extra amount of gumption and focus. Excited as hell to train tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment