Tuesday, September 25, 2012

9/25/12

I'm pissed I didn't PR my back squat today. It was kind of an eye opener. I need to get my diet and rest back to a professional level; I've lost sight of my priorities and things need to change. They will. That doctor appointment yesterday is a miracle worker. Zero pain in my rack position. My mental game was better than ever today. I felt zero inhibition and pushed it.

EMOM 6 Minutes: 2 Hang Squat Cleans @ 70% (210#) - Felt easy as hell, light weight.

Back Squat - 20 minutes to establish a 1 RM  - went 305 x 3 then singles @ 355, 385, 405# (failed)

-405 would have been a 5 lb PR. 385 felt way easier than the last time I did it. I almost went for another attempt at 405, but I didn't have time. I will rock 405 next time I max out. I can't believe I failed this lift. I hate that feeling. This was the most motivating moment I've had in a while.

Rest 10 minutes then...

1 Minute AMRAP Burpees

Score: 29 Burpees. Went hard, felt good. Really felt these in my legs.

Rest 5 minutes then...

1 Mile TT

Score: 6:19. Not the fastest mile I've ever ran, but there were a lot of turns and people on the sidewalk. Very unideal conditions for a fast time. But I tried to push it. I'd really like to run around a 5:30ish mile this year.

Rest 20 minutes then...

6 Rounds @ 1 minute on / 1 minute off:

5 Knees-to-elbows
10 Push-Press (75#)
20 Over-the-bar hops

-So this WOD you go 100% for a minute, rest between minutes 2 and 3 and so on. Obviously with this large rest interval everything was at 100% and fast. This WOD went very quick, everything felt good. First push-pressing in a while. I'm glad I'm back in business in the rack position.

Rest 5 minutes then...

5 x 60 Second Plank Holds @ 1:1 Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment