Wednesday, September 19, 2012

9/19/12

I had a great workout today. I felt really recovered after yesterday. The workout smoked me; after the lifting I didn't even want to do the metcon. I just felt rocked. These pressing workouts school me. It's exactly what I need to be working on.

Dead-lift - 10 x 1 @ (87%) 405# @ 60 seconds rest

Bench Press -
2 x 5 @ 75% (175#)
2 x 3 @ 80% (185#)
3 x 2 @ 85% (200#)

3 Sets ME Strict Ring Dips - 7,5,5 - there was just nothing there between the HSPU yesterday and the bench today.

3 x 3 - Strict Behind the Neck Press - All sets at 105# - this lift ruins me, second time ever doing it, stoked to get strong at this.

3 x 10 - Good Mornings - All sets at 135#

-I was supposed to do KB snatches today. I warmed them up and began to tear my calluses. I haven't been taking care of them since moving, got a pumice stone after this training session.

Rest 10 minutes then...

For time:

10,9,8...1
KB Swings (53#)
Pull-ups

6.01. I wanted to go faster than this. Everything was unbroken, but I took some pretty big breaks. Not for my lungs or muscles, but for my damn hands. My calluses were just completely painful and I tore. Overall not happy about that, but a solid session nonetheless. I'm excited to rest tomorrow, I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment