Tuesday, January 15, 2013

1/15/13

This morning was awesome! It was so much fun! Setting up a full clean ladder was a solid warm-up. I'm lucky to have access to such a large/well-stocked gym. I was happy with my performance. I ALMOST got 305#, I just couldn't stand it up, after the three WODs yesterday my legs are smoked. The second workout today was also humbling, I was very taxed going into it. I didn't even get to the last set of snatches within the time cap. This WOD is going to be a new 'test' of my fitness that I'm going to do a few times a year.

Workouts 4 and 5 (0930)

Workout 4 - Clean Ladder

-Starts at 245#, goes up 10# every bar. :20 to lift, :10 to transition. Double-under tie-breaker in remaining time.

My score was 295.04. I almost had 305#, but I just didn't have it in my legs. This would have been my best event at the OC Throwdown if I was actually there competing.

Rest 20 minutes then...

Workout 5

For Time:
 30 Wall-ball
15 Snatch (135#)
30 Wall-ball
12 Snatch (155#)
30 Wall-ball
9 Snatch (185#)

11.27. This workout had an 11:00 minute time cap. I wanted to get to the 185# snatch, but just didn't have it. I finished the 135# set in 3:40 then the 155# set in 10:25. I got 12 wall-ball in the remaining time. Overall a very taxing WOD, especially when coupled with the other workouts yesterday and the clean ladder right before. This was a really fun morning, great stuff!

Workout 6 (1630)

This workout smoked me. I was on a solid pace up until the HSPU and burpee-bar-muscle-ups. My shoulders generally struggled with getting over the bar after all this volume, had to take some big breaks. Overall a very solid workout, very mentally challenging. My body was pretty smoked when I started this workout. Also, being a dumbass I accidentally loaded the thruster bar with 125# instead of 110#. Not cool, that was a heavy thruster!

For time:
25 Dead-lifts (315#)
30 Thrusters (125#) **this was supposed to be (110#)
30 Over-the-box Jumps (24")
30 KBS (2 pood)
30 Calorie Row
30 HSPU
10 Burpee Bar Muscle-ups
50m Overhead Walking Lunge
50m Run
100 Double-unders
200m Run

I came in just over 29 minutes. My thrusters were heavier than rxed by 15#, but I don't think that changed my time a ton, maybe 1-2 minutes. I got to the bar muscle-ups at 20 minutes, I lost a ton of time there. My HSPUs were also broken up heavily, but I'm proud of myself for how much these have improved. This has been an eye-opening two days. These workouts were no joke and I loved giving them a go. Very solid two days and I'm excited to rest. Also after this chipper I went straight to the store and got a big bag of ice and created my own ice bath in my bathtub. I've never done that before, if that helps explain how taxing these workouts were. GREAT STUFF!!!!

-After doing this WOD I realized there was 20:00 cut-off. New goal: complete this in under 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment