Monday, January 21, 2013

1/21/13

Today was a solid session. I gave 2 of the 3 OC Throwdown qualifying workouts a try.

Workout 1
AMRAP 10:
15 Power Clean (95#)
30 Double-unders

7 Rds.

Rest 20 minutes then...

Workout 2
AMRAP 5:
30 Squat Clean Thrusters (155#)
30 Bar-facing Burpees

26 reps.
-I wasn't happy with this score, I really wanted to make it to the burpees. If I could do this again I would do less singles and try to do more unbroken sets. I'll go do this again fresh and try to get 40+ reps.

Rest 20 minutes then...

EMOM 20:
-Odd: 2 Front Squats (275#)
-Even: 2 Bar Muscle-ups

-Complete, solid training. The front squats felt a little heavier than I thought they would. I haven't been doing enough bar muscle-ups and I'm confident they are going to be in the 2013 Open. We'll see. I'm going to hit them every week up until the Open. Overall a solid day of training. I'm excited to get back to Chicago and put in some hard work over the coming semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment