Tuesday, January 29, 2013

1/29/13

Today was a great day of training.

AM Workout (1200) 

~5 mile run. I don't know the distance or time. I just went on a run because it was nice out (60 degrees in January??!!). It was the middle of the day in the city. Once I got to the river/lake I got set into a pace, but about 1/3 of this run was basically sprinting and stopping at stoplights. Overall a solid run. I haven't been on a distance run in a very long time. I wanted to see how it felt, great to be outside and run on a nice day.

PM Workout (1900) 

On a 15:00 Clock:
Work up to a heavy Front Squat single
-325# - This felt really heavy. My PR is 350#, but there just wasn't anything more there today.

Rest 5 minutes then...

AMRAP 12:
-100 Air Squat Buy-in
then...
5 Push-Press (115#)
10 Burpees
15 Box Jumps

6+11. Solid metcon. This is definitely the kind of workout I need to be doing right now. Box jumps and burpees already feel better as I'm cutting a little weight. Overall a great day of training, excited to train tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment