Sunday, December 15, 2013

12/15/13


Today was an awesome day of training. It was sadly the last day of training that my training partner and I are going to have together for about a month. We are both going back home for the holidays. We put in some heavy back squats before the WOD just for the hell of it. I went for a 20 RM, been wanting to try one for a while. I set a huge PR, getting 315 for 20 reps. My previous PR was 255, but I hadn't tried this in two years. Great day in the gym, the metcon was horrible after a 20 RM squat.

A.
Two sets, not for time, of:
Muscle-Ups x 5 unbroken reps
Kettlebell Snatch (53#) x 8 reps each arm
Alternating Pistols x 20 reps
-Complete

B. 20 RM Back Squat
-Did a few warm-up sets, then went for a set at 315#. Was tough as hell, but well worth it. Stoked about hitting this.

C.
For time:
50 Back Squats (135/95 lbs)
40 Pull-Ups
30 Shoulder to Overhead (135/95 lbs)
50 Front Squats (85/65 lbs)
40 Pull-Ups
30 Shoulder to Overhead (85/65 lbs)
Athletes need to change the weights on their own barbells.

-18.00. I would have been a lot faster had I not done a 20 RM back squat before this. The front squats killed me on this one. Pull-ups and S2O feel great though.

D.
Three sets of:
GHD Sit-Ups x 20 reps
Rest as needed
-Complete

-Great day in the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment