Friday, December 20, 2013

12/20/13


Today was a little different. It wasn't a traditional training session. It was a capacity test. I added in the EMOM prior to warm-up, ended up feeling good and hitting a PR.

EMOM 8 - 1 Squat Clean Thruster
2 Minutes @ 185#
2 Minutes @ 205#
2 Minutes @ 225#
2 Minutes @ 245#

-Rest as needed then heavy singles...

255# (PR), 260# (PR)

Perform the following six events against a running clock:
5 Minutes of Rowing for Max Meters
4 Minutes to Establish a 2-RM Front Squat
3 Minutes of Ring Muscle-Ups
4 Minutes to Establish a 1-RM Shoulder to Overhead
5 Minutes of Burpee Box Jump-Overs (24″/20″)

Rest exactly 5 minutes, and when the clock reaches 26:00…

Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 4 minutes of:
8 Thrusters (135/95 lb)
8 Alternating Pistols

1457
335#
14
255#
48
57

-After looking at the scores on the comments, I actually did really well. My muscle-ups could be better and my jerk was obviously weak. Not much in my shoulders after the muscle-ups and the squat clean thrusters EMOM before hand.

-I paced the row, maybe could have gotten 1500. The double front squat was tough, been squatting a lot this week. The muscle-ups sucked. I thought I was doing totally shitty, but it looks like a lot of people struggled with these after the previous work. My jerk was horrible... Embarrassing at my body weight. It's coming along though. I felt slow on burpee box jumps, but again I didn't do as bad as I thought I would. I kept up with the little dudes! And I did really well on the last part. Unbroken 3 rounds + 8 thrusters and 1 pistol. Huge effort on the last part, great day of training despite doing this alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment