Tuesday, December 31, 2013

12/31/13

Today was an awesome workout, great way to end out 2013. It's been the best year of my life so far and I'm looking forward to 2014.

A.
Three sets, not for time, of:
Ring Muscle-Ups x 8 Reps (6/2, 5/2/1, 5/3)

B.
Every minute, on the minute, for 12 minutes:
Snatch with 3 second hold x 1 rep @ 75% (165#)
Perform a snatch focusing on perfect speed and mechanics, receive at the bottom of your overhead squat and hold their for 3 full seconds before standing up with the load.
-Light weight, felt really solid.

C.
Eight sets of (total of 32 minutes):
45 seconds of Rowing (for max meters)
Rest 15 seconds
30 seconds of Strict Handstand Push-Ups
Rest 30 seconds
45 seconds of 24″/20″ Box Jump-Overs
Rest 15 seconds
30 seconds of Ring Dips
Rest 30 seconds
At the top of each minute, for 32 minutes, you will rotate stations and try to accumulate as many reps or meters as possible of each movement.
If you don’t have strict handstand push-ups, perform a strict substitution – like L-Seated Dumbbell Press.

I didn't get the exact reps, just kept moving and got an extremely solid conditioning session out of this.
-Highs and lows:
-250,220
-8,5
-18, 14
-15,10

D.
For time:
100 Hand-Release Push-Ups.

~7 minutes, hurt so bad after C. Can't believe this took me this long, thought it was going to be about half as long. Comparing my time to others, I think a lot of people did not do HR push-ups. I'm just so used to doing them that is what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment