Thursday, December 19, 2013

12/19/13

Had an awesome day in the gym today. I wasn't as sore from yesterday as I thought I'd be. Squatting on the snatches felt really great. The metcon was the longest aerobic effort I've done in a while, I didn't bonk at all though, kept a solid pace. Running and rowing felt great.

A.
Every minute, on the minute, for 10 minutes:
Hang Snatch + Snatch + Overhead Squat
(use approximately 70-75% of your 1-RM snatch – use this as a skill and technique session)
-70% (155#) for 5 minutes
-75% (165#) for 5 minutes

B.
Three sets of:
Four-Stop Halting Snatch Deadlift x 1 rep @ 105% of 1-RM snatch (235#)
(Pause for 1-2 seconds at the following four positions: (1) 2″ off the ground, (2) mid-patella, (3) mid-thigh, and (4) pockets (high up the thigh into the hip), then stand to full extension.)
Rest as needed

C.
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 30 minutes of:
Run 400 Meters
2 Legless Rope Climbs
Row 500 Meters
5 Wall Climbs

-5 rds, I was somewhere in the middle of the 5th row when the clock hit 30, I just finished out the round. Solid aerobic work. The legless rope climbs were not as bad as I thought they would be. Wall climbs were the hardest part of this workout! There was supposed to be a handstand walk in here, but I had to cut it out due to lack of space in the very small gym I was training in.

No comments:

Post a Comment