Saturday, December 7, 2013

12/7/13

Today was a pretty awesome training session. The capacity test was tougher than I thought. I did some meathead stuff after the actual workout and set some PRs on dead-lifts. Really fun session in the gym. I weighed myself today, came in at 212# on the gym's scale. This is the heaviest I've been in a long time, I showed up at OCS at 206#. I've obviously gained back all the weight I lost this summer. I'm okay with my weight for now, I'm stronger than I've ever been and I'm setting a lot of PRs. I will probably cut down a bit closer to the Open.

A.
Two sets of:
L-Sit x Max Hold
Rest exactly 2 minutes
(Standard – Stack plates under feet to height of parallettes – set terminates if heels touch the plates.)
-40s/30s - TOUGH

B.
Two sets of:
Muscle-Ups x Max Unbroken Reps
Rest exactly 60 seconds
5,4 - these felt horrible today, my chest is toasted from benching yesterday and there was just not much there.

C.
“Ten Minute Capacity Test”For Max Reps (or Calories):
4 minutes of Rowing (for Calories)
Rest 60 seconds
3 Minutes of Pull-Ups
Rest 60 seconds
2 Minutes of Bodyweight Back Squat (210#)
(the barbell may begin from a rack during this portion of the test)
Rest 60 seconds
1 Minute of 135/95 lb. Shoulder to Overhead
(the barbell must originate from the ground to begin your set – you may not use a rack at any point during this 60 seconds)

Please post scores as follows:
Row Cals = 91
Pull-Ups = 52
BW Squats (210#) = 21
STO = 21
TOTAL = 185

D.
Dead-lift
5,5,3,3,3,3,1,1(f) - 315#, 365#, 415#, 435#, 440#, 450# (PR), 470# (PR), 480# (fail - didn't budge off the deck).

450# for a 3 RM is a huge PR.
470# is a 5# PR - there is definitely more there, but after all the previous reps I couldn't pull 480#. Next time. Life-long goal of pulling 500# is getting closer and closer!

E.
3 Sets:
Lying Tricep Extension x 8 (2 x 45#)
Lying Flat Floor Press x 8 (2 x 45#)
Band Pull-Aparts (red band) x 8

2 Sets:
DB Curl x 20 reps (2 x 45#)
Band Pull-Aparts (red band) x 8

2 Sets:
DB Cross Body Curl x 10 Reps (2 x 65#)
Band Pull-Aparts (red band) x 8

-I got a huge pump from this stuff, really fun way to end this week of training. I'm excited to eat a bunch and rest tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment