Wednesday, April 23, 2014

4/23/14

Felt pretty good today. I was tired when I got to the gym and my back was still tight. I was nervous about the heavy clean/dead-lift, but once I got warm I felt really strong. 300# cleans are starting to feel 'easy.' Maybe not easy, but within my comfort zone on any given day, even when I'm a little beat up/tired. Dead-lifts were solid, I didn't push them as hard as usual because of how tight my back is, but I got the work done; only did the first set of dead-lift unbroken. Some days, you just have to compromise and scale back the intensity, even if it compromised my time on the WOD, it was the smart thing to do.

A.
Three sets, not for time, of:
6″/4″ Deficit Handstand Push-Ups x 7 reps
Alternating 24/16 kg Weighted Pistols x 3 each leg
L-Sit x 25 seconds

-I felt crappy here, each round felt better though as I warmed up. This is the first time I've ever actually done pistols with the 53#... been usually reaching for the 35#, big world of difference. At least I can now actually do them.

B.
Every two minutes, for 20 minutes (10 sets):
Clean x 1 rep
Let feel dictate loading.

-225#, 245#, 265#, 285# x 2, 295# x 2, 305# x 2
-Felt really good in here.

C.
Three rounds for time of:
365/225 lb Deadlift x 7 reps
Muscle-Ups x 7 reps

Rest exactly 3 minutes, and then…

D.
Three rounds for time:
Row 1000m
115/75 lb Shoulder to Overhead x 25 reps

-7:41
-16:08

-Felt good on both of these, it was painful, but really fun. Excited to rest and hit it hard this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment