Tuesday, April 8, 2014

4/8/14

Today was a really tough training session. I was really happy to PR. The metcons kicked my ass in... Really tough stuff. I also got to work with a very good weightlifting coach and he was breaking down my behind the neck technique. It's a great opportunity for me to be able to work with him.

A.
Take 15-20 minutes to build to today’s 2-RM Front Squat

-Warmed up, then doubles at: 315#, 345#, 360# (PR). I was really proud of this, these numbers were unimaginable to me not too long ago.

B.
Every minute, on the minute, for 10 minutes:
Snatch x 2 reps @ 80-85%

-Went with 85% (190#) - felt pretty good here, I actually felt better then second half of this once I started getting fast under the bar. Really emphasizing getting my ass all the way down in the hole, it is definitely helping.

C.
Behind the Neck Jerk, Pyramid. Lots of skill work here.

3,3,3,3,2,2,2,1,1,3,3,3

-Worked between 115# up to 260# for the last single and then back down. This was mostly technique work. My jerk is pretty messed up. Getting very valuable coaching on this. Can't wait to perfect his movement and PR the hell out of it.

D.
Every minute, on the minute, for 10 minutes:
175/115 lb Squat Snatch x 3 reps
Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups x 6 reps

-Missed the 7th minute... resumed at 8th minute. So I did 27 snatches / 54 pull-ups. I power snatched a lot of these reps... had to as I got tired. Huge effort. This workout would have been impossible for me for much of the time I've done crossfit. This is an accomplishment and it was way outside my comfort zone. GREAT STUFF.

E.
Seven rounds for time of:
7 Shoulder to Overhead (155/105 lbs)
7 Ring Dips
7 Burpees

-12.42 suckfest... Not fun after all the above work. Really should have made this part a two-a-day. But I don't have that luxury between work and law school.

No comments:

Post a Comment