Wednesday, April 9, 2014

4/9/14


Today was a solid session. My shoulders were totally fried when I woke up this morning. Experiencing some serious DOMs. Warmed up and felt decent overall. My HSPUs are coming along, the deficit today was a bitch though... Actually doing the handstand walks now that I have the space in the gym.

A.
Three sets, not for time, of:
Toes to Bar x 12 reps
Handstand Walk x 15 meters
Weighted Pistols x 5 each leg (35# KB)
(hold a KB, one leg at a time – Games standards)

-Complete

B.
Every two minutes, for 20 minutes (10 sets):
Clean x 2 reps
Let feel dictate loading.

-2 sets @ 225#
-2 sets @ 245#
-2 sets @ 265#
-3 sets @ 275#
-1 set @ 285#

-Last set was spicy, felt fast though. Tough after the heavy front squatting yesterday.

C.
“Big Diane”
Complete rounds of 21, 15 and 9 reps of:
275/185 lb Deadlift
Handstand Push-Up to 4″/2″ Deficit

-Used a 15# rogue bumper on top of a 45# rogue bumper to an abmat. Not sure exactly the distance, looked closer to 6" to me. Doesn't really matter, my time on this workout would blow either way.
~17:00. Last 9 HSPUs took over 5 minutes with singles/failed reps. I felt decent on the sets of 21/15 though. Deadlifts unbroken.  I haven't felt like I've needed a rest day this bad in a while, looking forward to a day outside the gym tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment