Friday, April 18, 2014

4/18/14


Today was a solid session. Shoulders felt really gassed for the snatch and bar muscle-ups, but felt surprisingly good on the HSPU. Kept a solid pace on the chipper set of HSPU and was proud of the pace at which I got through it. Great training, fun day in the gym. Pumped to hit it tomorrow!

A.
Three sets for speed and efficiency of:
15 Underhand Strict Pull-ups
16 Pistols (alternating)
20 Meter Handstand Walk
Rest until fully recovered

-Complete... wasn't feeling good on hand stand walking today, kept losing my balance. Frustrating.

B.
Every minute, on the minute, for 15 minutes:
Snatch + Overhead Squat
Build from approximately 50% (115#) to 90% (205#). Focus should be on speed and mechanics, not hitting max loads.

-2 minutes @ 155#
-2 minutes @ 165#
-5 minutes @ 175#
-6 minutes @ 185#

-Started a little heavy, but didn't go all the way to 90%. Shoulders/posterior chain still feeling Tuesday... a lot.

C.
For max reps:
90 seconds of Bar Muscle-Ups
Rest 30 seconds
60 seconds of Bar Muscle-Ups
Rest 30 seconds
30 seconds of Bar Muscle-Ups

9/5/4. Didn't feel great, probably went about 80%.

D.
For time:
1600m Airdyne
60 Handstand Push-Ups
40 Toes to Bar
1600m Airdyne

-19:58. Solid workout. Was trying to do 10 sets of 6 on this workout. I didn't want to gas out. I was really happy with my pacing. Did 8 sets of 6 every :45. Then on the 9th set I only got 5 reps. Then did three remaining sets of 3/2/2. My training partner usually always beats me on big sets of HSPU like this and he finished when I was at 58 reps, which I was happy about. I think I paced it really well for my abilities. This isn't a 'great time' by any means, but I'm glad I handled the volume of reps and didn't fail early like I did during Sunday's set of 50 HPSU.

E.
EMOM 16:
Fat Bar Floor Press (light/speed work)

-4 minute intervals at each weight:
-3 x 115#
-3 x 135#
-3 x 155#
-2 x 185#

F.
2 Sets, NFT:
50 Sling Shot Push-ups
25 Sling Shot Air Squats

-Complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment