Friday, April 25, 2014

4/25/14


Today was probably the roughest training session I've had all year. I just felt like shit from the start. Everything felt rough, no where did I feel strong. I got all the work in though. I've never wanted to quit or scale a load (the overhead walking lunge on part C specifically) so bad in my life; but I didn't. I haven't had to go to such mental depths since OCS... today was bad. I'm proud of myself for not quitting, but holy shit today sucked. I really hope my body feels better tomorrow. Going to eat a lot of food and hopefully sleep a lot tonight. Today felt like I was starting crossfit all over again... my body, mostly my shoulders, were just in shock. Definitely going to be doing more overhead walking lunges in the coming years.

A.
Take 15 minutes to build to a heavy…
Front Squat + Split Jerk
Let feel dictate the load. If you feel good, push the weight. If you feel a little slow or off, keep the weight light and work on speed and mechanics.

-135# x 2, 185#, 205#, 225#, 245#, 265#
-Kept it on the light side, shoulders feeling fried.

B.
For time:
10 Overhead Squats (155/105 lbs)
10 Box Jump-Overs (24″/20″)
10 Thrusters (155/105 lbs)
10 Power Cleans (205/145 lbs)
10 Toes to Bar
10 Burpee Bar Muscle-Ups
10 Toes to Bar
10 Power Cleans
10 Fat Bar Thrusters
10 Box Jump-Overs
10 Overhead Squats

-17:30. Really rough, lost a lot of time on the bar muscle-ups, failed 4 reps. OHS, T2B unbroken on both sets, had to break up everything else though.

Rest until fully recovered, and then…

C.
Three rounds for time of:
16 Overhead Walking Lunge Steps (155/105 lbs)
8/6 Muscle-Ups

-21:42. This was a shit show. Was doing sets of 4 reps on the lunges with about a minute between sets. Holy crap this was rough physically and mentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment