Wednesday, May 13, 2015

5/13/15

I'm finally back in the gym after my 3 day hiatus; trained alone. Body feels recovered ... but I felt very weak in the gym today. I haven't been sleeping or eating as much and holy shit I felt it in the gym today. I'm looking forward to a day when I'm uninjured, can train with 100% intensity and get can get back to a schedule with a good training partner(s). Got the work in today alone, but wasn't very fun.

A.
Three sets for times of:
4 Muscle-Ups
8 Strict Handstand Push-Ups
12 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups
16 Sling-shot Air Squats
40 Double-Unders
Rest 2 minutes

-2:30, 2:35, 3:20 (last set had to break up SHSPU 7/1 ... then proceeded to miss a bunch of DU)

B.
Take 15-20 minutes to build to today’s 1-RM Jerk

-Built up to 265# ... this is 50# below my max ... but it just felt like shit so I called it there and moved on. This was extremely frustrating.

C.
Every 2 minutes, for 12 minutes (6 sets):
Strict Press x 3 reps (as heavy as possible)

-135#, 145#, 155# x 4 sets ... this at least felt better than the jerking, was a struggle to get all those reps on the last sets.

D.
Four sets of:
Dumbbell Bench Press x 8 reps @ 2022
(2 seconds up, 2 seconds down, 2 second hold at bottom)
Rest as needed

-All sets done with 2 x 50# DB. This was excruciating, probably the hardest chest work I've done in a while. I thought I would go up in weight over the course of the sets, but 4 sets of 8 with 50s was terribly difficult. This was a lot of time under tension and just burned, was fun though. 

E.
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 10 minutes of:
50 Double-Unders
25 Dumbbell Push Press (2 x 50# DB)
25 Ring Dips

-1 Round + 10 rings Dips (1 round + 85 reps) ... this is not a good score ... but after all the above work my ring dips were just not happening. The biggest set of them I did was a few sets of 5 ... this was frustrating ... not my best performance. Didn't feel great. Hoping to feel better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment