Monday, May 18, 2015

5/18/15

I got into the gym in the afternoon, today was the best workout I've had in over a week. I was feeling pretty crappy all last week... wasn't sleeping or eating enough. I finished my finals and graduated from law school this weekend, was a huge relief and I think I was able to enjoy the gym more given the relief from law school stress. Anyway, got to put together a session for myself. I enjoy throwing together my own programming from time-to-time, I got a really good workout out of today.

A.
EMOM 15 (5 sets) of:
Minute 1: 6 Strict Pull-ups
Minute 2 : 6 Strict HSPU
Minute 3: 10 Toes-to-bar

-Complete, was a good warm-up.

B.
Every 2 minutes for 22 minutes (11 sets) of:
Push-Press + Split Jerk
(2 second pause at top of PP, 2 second pause in the receiving position of the jerk)

-185# x 2, 205# x 2, 215# x 2, 225# x 2, 235#, 245#, 250# (f of push-press, got the jerk easy) ... this was good training, had a good time doing this and felt solid on everything.

C.
AMRAP 8 minutes:
115# Shoulder Press
Each time you break, perform 50 double-unders

Rest 4 minutes

AMRAP 8 minutes:
205# Hang Power Clean
Each time you break, perform 30 air squats

-42 Shoulder Press (10/10/7/8/7)
-31 Hang Power Clean (7/7/7/6/4)
-Saw this on the main-site today and really wanted to give it a go, got a solid workout out of this, was very fun.

D.
3 Sets of:
Reverse Hypers (90#) x 20 reps
Rest as needed
Reverse Snow Angels x 10 reps
Rest as needed

-Complete ... kept the reverse hypers nice and light, felt great on my S/I joint.

No comments:

Post a Comment