Wednesday, May 27, 2015

5/27/15

This afternoon was a good training session. I got in the gym by myself and got a decent conditioning session in. Really laying off my hip... not even touching barbells at all, will try some jerks/bench press later in the week. Anyway... just put something together on the spot and got a good workout out of it.

A. 
20 Minutes of Hip Mobility / Handstand Walking Practice 

-Hip stuff was great ... have had zero back/hip pain since Sunday ... moving in a positive direction with this stuff ... handstand walking always sucks. 

B. 
'Nate'
AMRAP 20: 
2 Muscle-ups
4 HSPUs
8 KBS (72#) 

-14 rounds ... this is a PR. Was shooting for 15 rounds, did everything unbroken until the last set of HSPU, which was 3/1. 

My history with this workout is as follows: 

-4/24/13 - 12 rds + 2 HSPU 
-9/30/11 - 8 rounds + 2 MU
-1/6/11 - 14 rounds (scaled HSPU to 1 abmat) 
-11/27/10 - 15 rounds in 30 minutes 

It is good to see that, over time, I'm getting better at this stuff; I definitely remember when I couldn't even do 1 full ROM HSPU. Even if I'm not great ... I need to be happy about progress. I didn't feel all that great today, this is probably entirely mental. Being all injured has really taken a toll on me mentally ... it is hard to enjoy training and enjoy my fitness as much. But overall, glad I kept moving at a consistent pace and got a good workout out of today. 

C. 
3 Rounds, not for time: 
15 GHR 
Rest as needed 
12 Suit-case Dead-lift (50# DB) (6 each side) 
Rest as needed 

-Complete, lateral movement felt great on my back/hip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment