Tuesday, September 15, 2015

9/15/15

Today was a decent cardio workout. Just hit another class WOD and added in a little extra lifting afterward. I got a good workout out this, the metcon was very simple, but very challenging.

A.
2 Sets of Max Strict HSPU
Rest 2 minutes between sets

-10, 7 ... not great.

B.
For time:
50-40-30-20-10
Wall-ball (20#)
KBS (53#)
Double-unders
**If you break up the reps at all, 100m penalty run.

-19:40 ... I had one penalty run ... on the set of 20 double-unders, I just missed a rep in the middle and had to do a little jog to the 100m. Other than that I did all the sets unbroken and got a very good workout out of this. Pushing the kettle-bell swings was probably the hardest part for me, I'm used to breaking them up when my forearms start blowing up. But the penalty run really kept me from breaking them up at all and I really pushed it. Fun stuff.

C.
Every 2 minutes for 16 minutes (8 sets of):
Jerk Dip + Push-Jerk + Split-Jerk @ 70% (205#) of 1 RM Jerk

-Complete. This was challenging after part C ... I was pretty thrashed after a 20 minute metcon. Glad I got some heavier lifting in today though.

No comments:

Post a Comment