Thursday, September 3, 2015

9/3/15

I felt very recovered when I woke up this morning. Over the last month my training volume has got down significantly and I think I'm finally starting to feel 'normal' again. I felt good and got some running in basically right when I woke up. My lungs didn't feel great... intervals sucked a lot... but I pushed it as hard as I could and got a very good workout out of this.

AM Workout (0730) 

~800-1000m warm-up jog / stretching. 

Every 6 minutes for 24 minutes (4 sets) of: 
~800-1000m Run 

-2:59, 3:01, 3:28, 3:14 ... went out really hard on the first two... hit a huge wall on that third interval and then attempted to push the last one. Was a very tough workout, didn't feel particularly fit for running this morning, but glad I got this in. I don't know the exact distance of the course I was using... but it did not the job nonetheless. 

~800-1000m cool-down jog / walk / stretching. 

PM Workout (1630) 

Got in the gym in the afternoon and worked out at my sister's local gym in Boise ... just did the class WOD. It was easy and not too taxing despite all the hand-stand stuff. It was good to get moving and get my mind off things and enjoy the gym.

A.
10 Minutes hand-stand walk practice

-This was much better than when I was handstand walking last week ... actually was able to go about 20-30 feet every time.

B.
For time:
12-9-6-3
HSPU
Kettle-bell Swings (70#)

-2:50 ... did this unbroken ... was obviously an extremely short workout, still burned the shoulders despite being so low volume.

C.
4 Rounds, not for time:
10 Strict Ring Dips
5 Good Mornings (135#)
10 Strict Toes-to-bar
Rest as needed between sets

-Complete ... some good skill work, not too taxing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment