Wednesday, September 9, 2015

9/9/15

Today was some rough training ... glad to be back in the gym, but damn the conditioning piece today was brutal. I felt very out of shape, in a bad way. Just sort of put together something on the spot.

A.
On a 30 minute clock:

EMOM 10:
Strict Press, building

straight into...

EMOM 10:
Push-Jerk, building

straight into...

EMOM 10:
Split-Jerk, building

-185# strict press
-250# push-jerk
-265# split-jerk ... was happy with the strict press and push-jerk numbers ... but by the time 20 minutes rolled around there wasn't much in my shoulder for the split-jerk... disappointing to only get 265# there ... but it was after 20 heavy reps, so I should be more realistic about what I was going to hit there ... overall this was some decent training.

B.
EMOM 21 (7 sets) of:
Minute 1 = 4 Burpee Box Jump Overs (24") + 8 C2B PU
Minute 2 = 4 Burpee Box Jump Overs (24") + 10 Shoulder-to-Overhead (115#)
Minute 3 = 12 Kettle-Bell Alternating Reverse Lunges (2 x 70#)

-Complete ... this was BRUTAL ... thought I could go for 30 minutes ... but this barely happened. I had to take a full minute rest before the 7th set, so I finished at the end of the 22nd minute ... almost lost my breakfast on this workout. Glad I pushed it and finished it out, this was horrible to do alone. Not happy about feeling so out of shape ... but training less is catching up with me. Back at it tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment