Monday, March 20, 2017

3/20/17

This afternoon was a solid workout. I got in a bodybuilding chest/tricep session. My lower body was pretty sore from yesterday, particularly my glutes. Figured I couldn't really handle much lower body/crossfit today, but overall my upper body felt great today. Happy with the pump I got from this session and I'm looking forward to some more intense crossfit tomorrow.

A.
8 x 8 Strict Pull-ups
Rest :60

-Complete ... solid warm-up.

B.
Decline Bench Press
20-15-10
Rest Exactly 2 Minutes Between Sets
*Use the same load across all sets

-Went with 155# and got all the reps. Did this rep scheme about a month ago on flat bench and got something like 17/12/10 ... felt much stronger on the decline ... overall this pretty much thrashed my chest and triceps, solid work.

C.
3 Sets of 10:
Incline DB Bench Press
Rest Exactly 2 Minutes Between Sets

-Used 2 x 50# DB across on these ... overall I was wrecked by part B and couldn't push the loading on these.

D.
Every 3 for 9 (3 sets):
Min 1 - 10 Strict Dips
Min 2 - Max Reps Push-ups on Barbell (low in a squat rack)
Min 3 - Rest

-32, 23, 20 ... this was significantly more difficult than I thought it would be. I was going to do more than 3 sets, but by the time I finished that 3rd set I just called it. My chest and arms were done.

E.
3 Super-Sets:
Overhead Rope Tricep Extension (35#, 30#, 25#) x 20 reps
Narrow-Grip Tricep Push-Downs (35#) x 20 reps
Rest :45

-Complete ... this was a huge pump, low weights and short rest interval ... had to drop the weight on the rope extensions, but kept the push-downs the same weight. Great finisher, huge pump!

No comments:

Post a Comment