Friday, January 14, 2011

1/14/2010

AM - I felt stiff this morning, but once I got in the gym I felt good. The lift today was a front squat triple. I worked up to 265 for a triple, which was my previous 1 rep max. I then did 275 for a single; I didn't even attempt for a heavier triple. I was happy to PR despite my holiday from the 24th to the 1st of year and the fact that I've drastically cut back my calories and carbs due to cutting weight. I feel great during the WODs and look good in the mirror and decently lean. I'm being very consistent with my rest and diet. Anyway, after the front squats there was a short sprint WOD:

400m run, 30 x 95 lb OH Squats, 21 pull-ups.

The run was extremely slow because it was so icy outside. I did the squats 20, 10. I really wanted to get all 30 in a row, but my shoulders couldn't take it. I blew through the pull-ups. The WOD took a little over 4 minutes.

PM - I got out to the track right around 3 pm, 5 hours after the AM session ended. I did 4 x 400m with 2 minutes rest between intervals. I ran 64,70,75,76. I didn't do this correctly at all, I went out way too hard on the first interval. I haven't ran on a track in so long, I guess I was just really excited. I wanted to be in the 75-78 range, not really knowing what to expect. Next session I want to be in the 70-74 range every interval. After the 400s we took about a 5 minute break and then did 4 x 200m. I ran 32-34 every interval. I was going to 6 x 200m but we were exhausted and cramping after the 3rd 200. We cut the workout short but it was still a great workout. The first two-a-day of the new year was a great success. It felt awesome to run fast and be in oxygen debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment