Friday, January 21, 2011

1/21/2011

I got to sleep in an hour today which was much needed. I felt decent this morning, it was probably more mental than anything considering today's workout was more of an active recovery day than anything. There wasn't any timed WOD today which was also good for my mental state. Anyway the workout was as follows:

5 Rounds with a 135 lb bar:
1 Power Clean,
Push-Press x 5,
Then drop the bar to the floor and do:
10 Floor wipers (5R/5L)

This portion of the workout was done with a partner, each set being the partner's rest.

Then immediately into 6 minutes straight of 45 lb KB Turkish get-ups. This portion of the workout was not good on my shoulders. My shoulders are wasted from this week and I really felt exhausted on these get-ups. I got 26 reps in 6 minutes. I definitely could do a lot more than that fresh. This week is a shoulder overload.

Then we took about 5 minutes of rest and did a 1200m run at 100% intensity. I didn't time it, I just made sure to run hard. This felt extremely hard. How I felt on this run legitimized in my mind taking two days off, I need rest.

Then we did a quick core circuit. 30 seconds of sit-ups, 30 seconds oblique bridges (30R/30L). It was for 3 rounds. This was good, I was able to maintain a complete sprint through each movement, getting around 25-30 sit-ups and 40 of the bridges each 30 second interval.

After this we kind of just dicked around for an hour. We played around the rings, shot the shit and tried a bunch of movements we had never done before. It was a good time and a great way to end this challenging week. I'm looking forward to my rest and to hit the workouts hard come Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment