Wednesday, January 26, 2011

1/26/2011

I was pretty tired when I woke up this morning. I woke up earlier than usual, I got about 7 and half hours of sleep. I felt great once I ate and got in the gym though. The workout today was great. It was more of a technique day, but it was still a decent workout. The workout was in two parts.

20 rounds with a 95 lb Barbell:

3 x Hang-Power Snatch
3 x Overhead Squats

This portion was not for time, but there was no rest between sets. The rest was my training partner's set. I had two guys coaching me through this. It was great for technique work and I came off this with a lot more confidence than I did walking into it. After the HPS and OH squat couplet we did 4 sets of 5 full Snatches. This part was good for my technique work as well. I don't have perfect technique, but I've improved a ton from where I was a year ago.

After that we rested 5-10 minutes and then did a modified 'Mary.' Traditionally 'Mary' is:

Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
5 Handstand Push-ups
10 One legged squats, alternating
15 Pull-ups

I instead did:

Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
5 Handstand Push-ups
10 One legged squats, alternating
7 Dead-Hang Pull-ups

I wanted to get some dead-hang pull-ups in. I'm confident with my ability to perform kipping pull-ups in the red zone and I need to work on my dead-hangs for my next PFT. I got 9 or 10 rounds, I don't remember. I wasn't really going 100% because I can't do the one-legged squats without assistance from a box. I did the first few rounds without a box but they were too challenging. I've improved these a lot as well, but I still haven't mastered them. My shoulders were fried from the snatches/OH squats and the hand-stand push-ups were challenging. Today was a good day. This week has been less taxing than last week and I'm looking forward to resting and a very challenging workout on Friday and conditioning on Saturday morning.

Meal 1 (pre-workout) - Whey Protein, Flax Oil, 1/2 Banana (Total: 180 Cal, 6.5g F, 14.5g C, 13g P) -

Meal 2 (post-workout) - Whey Protein, 1 tbsp Peanut Butter, 2 Slices WW Bread, 1/2 Banana (Total: 545 Cal, 19g F, 64g C, 39g P)

Meal 3 - 2 Cups Broccoli, 1 Chicken Breast, 8 Walnuts (500 Cal, 22g F, 18g C, 49g P)

Meal 4 - 1 Chicken Breast, 1 Tomato, 1/2 cup Sauerkraut (340 Cal, 8g F, 10g C, 48g P)

Meal 5 - 2 Cups Broccoli, 1/2 cup Sauerkraut, 6 oz Steak, 1 tbsp Peanut Butter (550, 26g F, 22g C, 50g P)

Daily Total (low/medium carb): 2115 Cal, 81.5g F, 128.5g C, 199g P)

No comments:

Post a Comment