Thursday, February 16, 2012

2/16/2012

AM Workout (1000)

I didn't feel awesome this morning. But I got the work done. This morning looked like this:

Practice Ring HSPU for 10 minutes. Focused on the mount and lockout.

Then...

7 Rounds for time:
7 Front Squats (165#)
7 Chest-to-bar Pull-ups

5.45. This was a burner. I haven't done a ton of squatting since my knee injury, but everything felt good today.

Rest 15 minutes then...

3 Rounds for time:
40 Double-unders
20 V-Ups

3.40. I had something else planned, but I was just too taxed. I ended up just blowing through this, felt good.

PM Workout (1715)

I ended up feeling better this afternoon than I did this morning. My hip flexors were super tight, but other than that I felt awesome. This afternoon was a great session, ended up looking like this:

'Rahoi'
12 Minute AMRAP:

12 Box Jumps (24")
6 Thrusters (95#)
6 Bar-facing-burpees

9 Rounds + 12 box jumps. Overall felt great, I was happy with my score on this. The score posted with the WOD on the main site was 9 + 20 reps. Considering this was my second WOD today it went well.

Rest 10 minutes then...

5-4-3-2-1 - Muscle-ups
10 Knees-to-elbows after each set

6.10. Solid sprint, muscle-ups felt good. Grip went out hard.

Rest 30 minutes then...

'Tail Pipe' (3 times!)

9 Rounds @ 60 seconds rest after set 3 and 6:
250 Row
Rack Position Kettle-bell Hold (2 x 53#)

22:20 - 2:00 minutes rest: 20:20 of total work.

This workout was with a partner. While one was sprinting the 250m the other was holding the kettle-bells. So each person rowed 9 intervals of 250. This ended up being brutal. I expect I will be sore in my mid-line tomorrow.

Overall a solid day of training. Looking forward to some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment