Tuesday, February 7, 2012

2/7/2012

AM Workout (1000)

Today was a decent session. I felt recovered and ready to roll.

'Grace'
30 Clean and Jerks

2.25. I wanted to get under 2 minutes. But this time was still a PR from my old time of 2.42 (July of 2011) and 3.11 (April of 2011). This is steady progress, but not as fast as I wanted to go. I got 17 reps straight through and then had to stop. My goal was 20, but that just wasn't going to happen. I'm overall happy with my effort, I'll take a PR.

Rest 10 minutes then...

5 Rounds for time:

5 x Front Squat (205#)
10 Burpees onto Plate
250m Row

11.20. This was a great WOD. This is the first heavy-ish squatting I've done since the knee injury, it went well. I had a solid athlete to train with and tried to go 100% today. The last round of this WOD was rough.

PM Workout (1630)

Felt decent in the afternoon, had a great session.

3 Rounds for time:
10 Dead-lifts (275#)
50 Double-unders

2.53. Missed 3 double-unders, twice during the second set and once during the final set. This was upsetting, I was really looking to get everything unbroken. I had to transition from inside the gym to the outdoors to do double-unders, there was not space within the gym to do double-unders due to a large class. Considering this transition time I think I would have beat the top time posted on the main site for this workout (2.46) if I didn't have to lose all that time on transitions.

Rest 10 minutes then...

21-15-9
GHD Sit-ups
Burpees onto Plate

4.07. This was a brutal 4 minutes. The sets of 15 and 9 GHDs were tough after the dead-lifts. Overall a solid sprint. Great training day. Excited for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment