Friday, February 24, 2012

2/23/2012

Felt really fresh today. Hit the first 2012 Open workout.

2012 Crossfit Open 12.1

AMRAP 7 Minutes:
Burpees

118 reps. The first 50 flew by, then my heart rate started elevating a bit. 50-100 were brutal, last 18 were a blur. I'm going to hit this again on Saturday. I want to do a little better on this workout.

Rest 10 minutes then...

EMOM for 10 Minutes:

2 Hang Power Clean, 2 Push-Press, 8 KB Swings (53#)

-First 5 minutes @ 155#
-Last 5 minutes @ 175#

This was good dynamic movement, it got my heart rate up. I didn't want to do anything to fry my hamstrings or hips because I want to try this Open workout again. I hate taking all these rest days to try to have two peak performances in one week. But I want to do some two-a-day workouts on Sat/Sun/Mon after the second attempt at this workout is over. Even if I don't do better, 118 seems like a fairly decent score. Especially considering that burpees/body-weight movements in general are not really my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment