Tuesday, February 28, 2012

2/28/12

I was fairly sore throughout my body today. Upper body is toasted and my legs haven't been this sore in a while. Those squats yesterday definitely left me with some DOMS. I usually don't get this sore, but with that knee injury I haven't done a lot of squatting. On a positive note, I think I'm pretty much over this knee injury. Did heavy-ish back squats, thrusters in the AM metcon and wall-balls in the PM metcon all with zero pain during or after. I'm optimistic about my overall recovery and I'm glad it's going well.

Today was an active recovery/skills day. It looked like this:

-10 minutes static stretching
-10 minute foam roll out
-10 minute band stretching/mobility

-12 minute AMRAP @ 50% intensity:
2 Muscle-ups
10 Spealler-roll-outs
10 Turkish Get-ups (35#) 5R/5L
10 Medicine Ball Cleans

-30 minutes handstand walking / free standing handstand practice.

Today was a great day. I felt a lot better/looser after getting this session in. My handstand walk is slowly but surely coming along. I got further today than I ever have before. I don't remember my rounds for the AMRAP. I was just methodically moving through things, it all felt good. I haven't had a day like this in a while, but it was a great way to spend time recovering. I'm super excited for the next Open workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment