Thursday, February 9, 2012

2/9/12

AM Workout (0730)

I was definitely tight throughout my body when I woke up this morning. I had a little bit of soreness in my right IT band. I've done a tone of pulling this week and the running session yesterday probably didn't help. But after a roll out and an extra long warm-up I felt decent. I was going to do some strength this morning, but due to time constraints and just how my body felt I cut it out. This week is a super high volume metcon week. I'm going to back off on the volume and move some heavier loads next week.

For time:

50 Butterfly Sit-ups

10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1 - Power Snatch (110#)
2/4/6/8/10/12/14/16/18/20 - Lateral Bar Jumping Burpees

50 Butterfly Sit-ups

18.18. I felt pretty decent on this. The sets of 12+ burpees started slowing me down. Overall a solid metcon.

PM Workout (1400)

I was pretty toasted this afternoon. I got an hour long nap in between workouts. Once I got warmed up I felt decent though. This afternoon was a tough session.

For time:

21-15-9
Knees-to-elbows
KB Swings (2 pood)

3.50. This was all grip. All the knees-to-elbows were unbroken, had to break up the sets of 21/15 on swings because my grip went out, hard. Got a rough fore-arm pump from this. Solid sprint.

Rest 10 minutest then...

2 x 2000m Row @ 5 minutes rest

7.12 and 7.16. I'm glad my splits were so consistent. I was also happy with just how fast these were in general. I was really surprised by my times. I would have been happy with a 7.12 100% fresh, let alone after 5 workouts in 3 days. I could definitely row under 6:59 for a 2k. I wasn't going all out on these, probably around 90%. My hamstrings were super tight; foam rolling afterward was absurdly pleasurable.

No comments:

Post a Comment