Friday, February 3, 2012

2/3/12

I was surprised by the fact that I felt really good today. I felt kind of weak on the strength, but I've been doing a ton of pressing this week, so this didn't really surprise me. I felt awesome on the metcon. Ran and rowed hard with no knee pain. Great training session. I'm ready for some rest.

Close Grip Bench - Work up to a heavy 3 x 3 - 176#

3 Super Sets at complete rest:

8 x Close Grip Bench (135#)
6 x Dumbbell Bench (2 x 65#)
6 x Push-ups

This ended up being brutal. Those 6 push-ups at the end were extremely painful. This was the hardest chest isolation I've done in a while.

Rest 15 minutes then....

For time:
2000m Row
1600m Run
150 Sit-ups
200 Double-unders
15 Muscle-ups

26.19. I felt really good on this. The row was rough, kept it at a solid pace of 1:49/500m the entire time. I went as hard as possible on the run, it felt really good. I methodically went through the sit-ups unbroken. I got 75 double-unders out of the gate, but then it was sets of 10-30ish. These were the hardest part. Muscle-ups only took a couple minutes, banged them out fast. Overall a solid metcon and a great way to end the week. It's been an amazing week of training. I feel really fit.

After the metcon I rested for a few minutes then practiced hand stand walking and free standing hand-stands for 15 minutes. Then I did tabata hand stand holds against the wall. Brutal. Great day of training.

No comments:

Post a Comment