Sunday, February 19, 2012

2/19/2012

I felt great throughout almost my entire body. My hamstrings and inner thighs (abductors?) were still decently sore. I did a lot of high intensity/high rep squatting on Friday and I'm still feeling it a little. But once I got warmed up I felt pretty good.

2011 Open 11.4

AMRAP 10 Minutes:
60 Bar-facing Burpees
30 Overhead Squats (120#)
10 Muscle-ups

I got through the burpees in just under 4 minutes. The overhead squats felt decent. The last time I did this workout I did 10/10/10. I broke up the overhead squats a lot more this time. I tried to do really short breaks with 7/7/7/5/4. It seemed to work out, I PRed by quite a bit. I ended up getting 1 round + 19 burpees. (698th in the world - not very decent, but 62nd in the NW region). 14 more burpees would put me in top 200 world wide and top 14 in the NW region. I can't believe how steep that curve is. This really is an awesome workout for this reason.

In the big picture, when I did this workout last year, I didn't get any muscle-ups, was somewhere in the 4000s place world wide and 341st in the NW region. It's nice to see some decent improvement over this last year of training. I can't wait for the 2012 Open to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment